PDA

View Full Version : The Evening Whirl

stl_constitutionalist
02-21-2010, 09:59 AM
This is a St. Louis paper for those who havent had the pleasure of reading it. The online version is not near as good as the print version. Pretty sure you can only pick it up at gas stations and bodega's on the north side and parts of the south side. Great article on pg 2A of this weeks paper.

Substitute Gets It on With Tender Teen
A lecherous substitute teacher has been busted for busting a nut with a female student. Prosecuters in Jefferson County charged 35 year old Sean Tolley of Mount Vernon with criminal sexual assault involving a student between the age of 13 and 18.
Tolley tapped that teen trim last June.
The pedophile has been a substitute teacher at Mount Vernon Township High School.

http://www.thewhirlonline.com/images_innerpages/frontpage.jpg

East Side Jackalope
02-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Is there an age requirement to buy this?

stl_constitutionalist
02-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Is there an age requirement to buy this? I doubt it, its very informative though.

from the "north side strangler" article on the front page

A 19 year old psycho was sentenced last monday morning to life in prison for the dastardly role he played in deep-sixing a cat on the North Side more than two years ago.
James Thomas pleaded guilty a couple of weeks ago to second degree murder, burglary, auto theft and armed criminal action.
You see, Thomas had heat with a guy named Ira Reese. Considering that Thomas is crazier than a one-eyed tick on a rabid coon dog howling at the moon there was good reason for Reese to be afraid. And sure enough Reese was found beaten and strangled with a telephone cord inside his home in the 4400 block of Ashland in October 2007.

Investigative Reporting
Word on the street is that the ballas with the biggest bank in the Lou live in the Ville. Last week I visited the notorious 'hood to see if it was true and can confirm that there are quite a few black males in their 30's and 40's here who are flashing a lot of cash. They still got bricks, they still got clips and aint a damn thing changed since these guys got rich.

East Side Jackalope
02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
I doubt it, its very informative though.

from the "north side strangler" article on the front page

I don't doubt this. Just seems like something you wouldn't want some 12 and 13 year old kids reading. Maybe it's just me.

stl_constitutionalist
02-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't doubt this. Just seems like something you wouldn't want some 12 and 13 year old kids reading. Maybe it's just me. nothing on here says you have to be 18 to buy it. It is just news on crime, written with a ghetto twist.

stl_constitutionalist
02-21-2010, 10:55 AM
My wife runs a bunch of gas stations in the city, I'll ask her what's up with this paper. Maybe I can get a subscription to my house. You will be pleasantly surprised. I am thinking about applying for an investigative reporter position.

stl_constitutionalist
02-21-2010, 11:44 AM
When i was taking my african studies class at Lindenwood, we read this every week. Headlines like "Po Po jack up thief after the fool runs"very accurate assessment.

ha! this is from an article this week.

Little Girl Mangled by Dog during snow ball fight
St. Louis-The po-po were called to a home along Highway P on Feb 5 after a dog attacked a 7-year-old girl.
The incident happened while the girl was participating in a snow ball fight.
According to investigators, the girl went into an area where the dog was chained up, and was mauled by the rotten fleabag.
However the canine did not get away with this crap. Get this: a short time after the attack the dogs owners found their pet dead in the yard with several gunshot wounds to the head!

Flo
02-21-2010, 12:15 PM
i used to pick this up on my lunch break when i worked in the city. It's an entertaining read.

frigate13
02-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Back in the day (like mid-90s), when my wife was a newspaper reporter, she interviewed the old guy who basically wrote this whole paper by himself (and I went with her). He was a scream, but as I recall, he was in the early stages of Alzheimer's (he was also in his 80s). I remember he was grooming his female assistant to take over, and it looks like she's still dishing it out.

stl_constitutionalist
08-30-2010, 04:10 PM
bump for tyler

blazedays
08-30-2010, 04:29 PM
It's also been said that below the "interesting" use of the English language, The Evening Whirl is one of the most accurate newspapers in reporting and the depection of modern urban life.

And it's almost required reading for anyone in law enforcement.

stl_constitutionalist
08-30-2010, 04:35 PM
It's also been said that below the "interesting" use of the English language, The Evening Whirl is one of the most accurate newspapers in reporting and the depection of modern urban life.

And it's almost required reading for anyone in law enforcement. thats because the whirl reports on what actually goes on in the hood. Unlike the popular newspapers, for whatever reason, dont report on "all" of the violence that occurs.

Even in Alton, where I grew up, the local paper there would only report on murders that happened in the projects..When I was in high school they had 7 different housing projects and there was shootings going on every single night. Sometimes guys or bystanders were just getting clipped or grazed, but if you are not friends with someone there or in the hood itself, you dont realize there is a freaking war going on real close to you.

Parts of NOrth city is a war zone. People shoot each other in broad daylight every single day up there...the whirl reports it.

Christopher Columbus
08-30-2010, 04:45 PM
I buy the Whirl every week.

Tyler
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
I buy the Whirl every week.

You have to pay for this?

Christopher Columbus
08-30-2010, 04:54 PM
You have to pay for this?

Yes, it is only $1.00.

Mike DiFelice
08-30-2010, 04:58 PM
big fan of the evening whirl. streets is hot. bangers be bangin'. haters be hatin'. The Honorable Freeman Bosley Jr. be sullying the family name.

Christopher Columbus
08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
"bodies in the ghetto pile up like cords of winter firewood"

Christopher Columbus
08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
"This dude who got serverd like Flo and Mel's diner recalls sitting on his porch when a car drove by and shot him"

Mike DiFelice
08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
"This dude who got serverd like Flo and Mel's diner recalls sitting on his porch when a car drove by and shot him"

winter firewood? Mel's Diner? are they hiring ebonics-challenged 45 year old white dudes?

Flappy McB
08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
winter firewood? Mel's Diner? are they hiring ebonics-challenged 45 year old white dudes?

If it were a 5 year old white girl, everyone would care. Fucking racism.